Goodness my life has changed since I last updated. Don't worry... we didn't have any babies, yet!
Since I last updated I had my weekly visit with the perinatologist which ended with his recommendation that I be admitted on Wednesday to the hospital after a few signs that preterm labor was near. I'm now writing this from a "semi-private" (meaning only that you can't see each other all the time, cause there's not a bit of privacy from conversations) room at the hospital. I LOVE my roommate, which is such a blessing! We've got tons in common including kids around the same age, and we're both having twins. Our goals are pretty similar too. If I have to have a semi-private room, I'm glad it's with her.
L, Brad and my mom are forging ahead at home. I'm not sure what they are doing, but I bet it's pretty close to what we were doing before I left. Brad is visiting me everyday and L gets to visit twice per week. I am looking very much forward to our next visit. Brad has definitely been getting ready for the twins at home. I left with many things done, but definitely not everything! Today Brad struck out on his own (with L) to Babies R Us to buy some crib sheets. Thank goodness for two packs! They are perfect for our two pack! Now there are a few things still to do in the nursery, but we've got the world's tiniest diapers (how did L EVER fit in those?!), washed bottles and cribs with sheets so I think we'll definitely be okay.
All in all, it's pretty good. It feels a bit like camp, only you lay down all the time. I keep calling it pregnancy camp. I even have a schedule! The mornings are very busy with all kinds of nurses and doctors in and out, but the afternoons and evenings seem to be the longest part of the day. I'm so happy that Brad is able to visit every afternoon. I think otherwise it would make for a very. long. day. The food is not great, but I'm getting plenty brought in!
I'm going to try to collect some stories and things about miss L while I'm away. I'll even try to get Brad to take some photos (he's way better than me anyhow) to put up here so you won't miss a thing, and tomorrow maybe he can even take a photo of me! This belly is out of control and growing fast. My skin just aches from the stretching!
Finally... if you'd like much more detailed accounts of the daily happenings in the hospital, we do have a carepages page. You'll need some special information to join though, so just shoot Brad or me an email if you'd like to follow along! We'll send you the information!
See you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment