All in all it was a pretty boring week. Brad was on vacation and we didn't do too much. It was absolutely fabulous!
We watched some tv.

... and we cleaned the house. This is actually a photo of miss L wearing her baby. She got this for Christmas and she LOVES it. She's been wearing her baby around a lot! You can also see Brad cleaning out the diaper champ. It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it!


We had a little New Year's Eve party at our house counting down to 6:00pm. We made shrinky-dinks as a little craft.

Sweet baby W spent some time unloading the dishwasher (mostly the spoons).



Miss L watched her shrinky-dinks magically transform in the oven.


...and while they were cooling Miss L and her dad decided to make a New Year's Eve cake with the play-doh cake decorating kit that she got for Christmas. It's very fun!

Sweet baby W did some cooking of his own.



Finally, it was time to eat our party food.

We counted down to 6:00, and then everyone kissed!


...and we clinked together our glasses of sparkling lemonade and wished each other good luck in the new year.

It's just so fun to do holidays this year. I can't even wait for Valentine's Day. She just really gets into whatever fun thing (counting down, for example) goes with the holiday and it is about a thousand times more awesome to experience this stuff through her than it ever was to do it ourselves. :o) It was definitely one of the best New Year's Eve parties I've been to.
At some point during the break we decided to start night weaning sweet baby W. He had gotten to the point of nursing every 1.5 to 2 hours and it was really starting to take its toll. We decided we'd put him to bed as normal, but when he woke up to nurse we would send Brad into his room to give him some love and rock him and put him back in his bed. When twelve hours had passed since we ate dinner (usually around 5:00 or 5:30) I'd go ahead and nurse him since he would be really hungry by that point. The first night was hard. He woke up every hour or so. We decided to give the second night a shot, but decided that if it was anything like the first night that we wouldn't try it for a third. Well, it wasn't! It was fabulous! Sweet baby W slept in four hour stretches and woke up to nurse around 5:00. The next night he woke up just once around 10:30 and then again to nurse around 5:00. Then... last night... he went to bed and woke up at 5:30! I can't believe that he's really sleeping through the night and in his own bed! It's funny but right now it feels really luxurious!
Here are some random photos from New Year's Day.



My goal for 2011 is to really learn my camera. Yesterday I was experimenting with aperture and so I was taking lots of photos. It's funny but sweet baby W is an easy subject for photos since he stays in a bit more of a single place while I'm shooting.

I love this face!

...and this one!

I love how you can almost hear him belly laughing in this one.

My camera shines a little light when it auto-focuses sometimes and sweet baby W squinted his eyes a bit when that happened. Ever since, he's been just making that face at me. It's really funny.

Please pardon the disaster that is my living room, but I was trying to decide on a photo idea I had and I set up the tripod in the corner of the room trying to figure out the best settings for the photo. I got a remote for my camera for Christmas and I'd been using it to take some photos. Miss L decided that she'd like to try it and she took lots of photos. The lighting is bad, but I just think these are hilarious.


We continued taking photos all night.
Of jumping...


...and of miss L popping out and saying, "CHEESE!"




This morning we got up and got ready for church. Miss L announced that she wanted to wear her "ballerina" dress and got it on all by herself. As we do each week we scrambled to get out of the house on time this morning and I had to stop and shoot a photo of all of it. There's a half finished clothing project on the floor, lotions and potions on my night stand, an overturned basket of clean white clothes (where we were searching for tights) and Brad trying to get sweet baby W ready to go. I think the photo pretty much says it all!

After church we came home and made muffins for breakfast this week. Miss L LOVES to cook and so she helped me out.

Sweet baby W slept through lunch and so he had his a little late while we were baking.

We didn't have chocolate chips in our muffins, but we ate a few to keep our hands busy during the boring parts. ;o)


Miss L is also very much into playing with the trains that her cousin K gave her. I think Brad actually likes it just as much as she does and they are really loving playing with the switches and cranes and all of that business. It has really been fun to watch!




See you next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment