We had the normal stuff. Miss L went to preschool and I realized that we only have a few weeks left before summer. I can't believe that this first preschool year is coming to a close and it's hard for me to believe all that's happened during this year. I know that these preschool years are magic. Miss L changes so very much during a year and when I think about where we were at the beginning of the year and where we are now it's mind boggling. She's so much less of a baby and so much more a little girl now. I can't believe she's growing up so fast.
One huge thing that made this week different is that mister W is sleeping through the night. There has been a point in both my living children's lives where I have thought that they would NEVER sleep through the night. There have been times that I would have sworn that they'd be 18 before I'd get to sleep again. Both times I've been wrong. Miss L seemed to transition into sleeping all night slowly, going from waking 2-3 times, to 1-2, etc. Mister W just sort of stopped waking up. Last Friday he woke up 3 times. Saturday he didn't wake up at all and it seems that every single night this week he's slept from 7:30 or so to 8:00 the next morning. It's been a wonderful development. We've been working on gently getting him to sleep on his own (rather than being rocked to sleep) over the past little while, and it seems when that finally clicked into place so did the sleeping through the night. Whew!
Mister W is turning into quite the big boy. It's amazing to me that miss L seemed so BIG at the same age. Maybe it's the fact that she was first. Maybe it's the fact that she's always been so independent. Whatever it is, she's always seemed to be the big girl while mister W seems so little. He's definitely clingier than his big sister. He's our little cautious soul. Whereas miss L was bounding down the stairs, he would rather not have to do them on his own (though he will if he has to). He likes his morning cuddle and I'm happy to let him have it as long as he'd like. At his 15 month visit mister W weighed in at 26 lbs. 6 oz. He's 32 inches long and though his build makes him look so big, he's 75th percentile across the board. At 15 months he can do so many things. He's really walking well now, though not yet running. He's got so many opinions and he's expressing them now. When his sister does something he doesn't like he gets mad, screeching at her or sometimes even biting (ugh!). He is using more words every day and he's signing a lot too. He can tell you what a cow, dog and a cat says. Even though the little man doesn't have nearly as many words as his sister, he can still get his point across most of the time. He loves to eat and will try most anything though his favorites are definitely grapes and strawberries. I'll have to compile a list of his words and signs, which I did for miss L about this same time. I've loved checking back on that list over time.
A few weeks ago our crab sandbox found a new home. We have a tiny little backyard and though we added a lot more grass over the past year it still seemed that keeping the crab really took up so much of that space. Instead we opted for a simple under the bed box that we filled with some sand that we had leftover from filling the crab last year. Both miss L and mister W have loved playing in the sand and when mister W is napping, miss L asks often to play in it. My favorite part is that it can be dragged to the patio to play and then dragged back to the house for storage.
The only photos I have from this week are of the kids playing in the sandbox.
As you can see we have too many toys in the box, but it's still fun!
I think mister W had more sand on him than anywhere else.
Mister W has had a fever since Friday. Brad has been sick as well, but I was surprised Friday night when we discovered poor W was sick. He seemed to get worse over the past two days, so today we just had a pajama day around the house. Brad and miss L were feeling good though, so they had their own little date day. They went for donuts this morning (all in daddy's car, a huge treat!) and then they headed to a fire station open house.
Last year this open house was the first outing out of the house in underwear. There's something that blows my mind. This time last year I might have sworn that we'd never truly be done with diapers. I might have placed a bet on the fact that we'd be potty training forever. Now it doesn't even enter my mind most days. What a difference a year makes!
Believe it or not the camera battery died just after they arrived. I have no photos, but I do have a couple of videos.
Miss L had a fantastic day. She got to use a real fire hose!
She also waited in line for an entire hour just to ride on a fire truck. Last year she asked to ride, but we decided not to because the line was so long. This year Brad told her that they could ride, but showed her the size of the line. She managed to wait patiently in that line. That's no small feat for any 3.5 year old, much less one with SPD. What a trooper she is!
I love that she's so very serious. Please rest assured that miss L has talked nonstop about this fire truck ride even though she looks so serious in the video.
Have a lovely week!
No comments:
Post a Comment