Sunday, July 24, 2011

Weekly Update

Another week in our house has gone by rather quickly.  It's been filled with all kinds of things: playing, playgroup, meetings, chores, cooking and eating and even a doctor's visit.  I can't believe how fast the weeks are flying past us.  It seems like just about the time I get so tired that I think I can't possibly prepare another meal or sweep the floor again, it's Friday and the weekend is here.

Here's a little of what we did this week:

Tuesday we had playgroup at our house.  It had been a long time since we'd hosted and this was quite an event for miss L.  She was so excited to have her friends over until right before they came when it seemed to dawn on her that she'd be sharing her toys.  We talked about it and I think she'd made her peace with the situation before her friends arrived.  It was a busy busy day filled with lots of playing.  I'm not sure how I managed, but several of the other moms even cleaned up the toys and left my house clean before they left.  What a lucky girl I am!  Miss L and mister W were both pooped that afternoon and I enjoyed a quiet time of near silence.

Another day, Wednesday I think, we headed out to a museum after Brad got home from the office.  We'd taken miss L there before, but she wasn't as interested in the planes and space shuttle on display.  This time she thought it was the BEST.  As soon as we walked in and she saw the planes she started running toward them to get a closer look.  I thought she'd enjoy it, but I was so surprised to see how excited she was to see all this stuff.  Mister W loves anything that moves, so it was right up his alley as well.  I guess we're going to have to go back more often!

Miss L is excited to arrive.



The first thing we visited was the space shuttle.  Miss L told us that someday she's going into space in a rocket.  I guess we'll see!



This photo is so out of focus, but it's miss L looking up at the shuttle.



They have these chairs built into the railing all around the museum and we'd stop every so often and sit.  Mister W had a hard time passing a set of them by since he could just crawl into them on his own.



After the space exhibit we checked out the planes.



Mister W in another chair.  :o)



After that the week was full of regular life stuff.  We met with and fell in love with a doula who will hopefully be present when new baby makes his appearance.  We also went as a family to the perinatologist for an ultrasound weight check of new baby.  Until just about 15 minutes before the appointment I'd sort of planned on going by myself, but when Brad suggested we all go I thought it was a wonderful idea.  The kids were actually pretty quiet and well behaved (thank goodness!) and I think miss L enjoyed getting to see her baby brother.  The ultrasound tech we had was especially good with her trying to point out all of the various body parts and though I'm not sure if miss L really saw what she was pointing out, I'm hoping that she's feeling closer to her new brother.  She asks often if he is ready to come out!

The weekends have started to take on a bit of a routine.  We've been hitting the farmer's markets lately because the fruits and veggies are just simply too yummy to pass up and we always pick up a loaf of bread while we're there.  This weekend we splurged on some blackberries and after we got home we put some in mister W's yogurt.  I think he likes them, or at least he likes wearing them!





We spent some time cleaning up the house and I'm not sure why but I did snap this photo of miss L cleaning up her books.



While Brad vacuumed we hung out.  Mister W found these glasses and I thought it was too hilarious.  He just seems to make this funny face when they are on.





Today we did a lot of baking.  We made some sweet bread (because Hawaiian bread is expensive and Brad makes the BEST sandwiches on it) and some pound cake and while those were cooking Brad and the kids played play-doh.

Mister W says, "CHEESE!"



We have this set that makes finger puppets of sesame street characters.  Everyone seemed to have fun doing this.













All in all a really great week!  Now I have to go eat some pound cake.  See you soon!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: