The teething thing seems to be something that comes and goes...
Now...for what you really wanted to see...PHOTOS!

Okay...that's really cute right? I was cleaning up today and noticed the small, medium and extra tiny shoes. I love tiny baby shoes.


It's a new week so we've got new sleep issues to work through. We started the week going strong in a new routine and everyone sleeping well. This week, sweet baby L is smack in the middle of some kind of sleep regression (normal for her age, I'm told). She's been a really good sleeper since she was born, never sleeping through the night, but taking regular naps, etc. Even at the beginning of the week she would only be awake for an hour before she wanted to go down for another nap.
Starting on Saturday, sweet baby L began having a hard time napping. Her naps have been very sporadic lasting anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours! Even when I think she's absolutely exhausted, she resists going down for her naps with any less than a couple of hours of awake time between. I think that she's transitioning to a 2 nap per day schedule. I think we all just hope that it gets worked out soon!
I am enjoying the extra snuggle time I'm getting. I really can't complain there.

Sweet baby L has really really gotten good at grabbing this week. Nothing is safe within her reach. She's discovered my hair and my glasses as fun things to hold onto. She will hold onto anything she can reach, including her pant legs!
She's still not rolling all the way over, although she's gotten very good at rolling straight to her side. She continues to "talk," giggle and smile.


I suppose the thing that surprises me most about this week is sweet baby L's new love for toys. We've always shown her things in the past, but this week she's really started playing with them. This toy, Freddy the Firefly, is by far her favorite. She will automatically go straight for him when she's playing on the floor and he keeps her happy and busy in her carseat or even at church (although, we discovered, he's way to loud for church). It is just remarkable to me to watch her actually play with a toy. She holds him and turns him around and mouths him. Only a couple of weeks ago she wasn't even that interested in toys, and now she's learned what to actually do with them. It is really amazing to watch. It's sort of unbelievable how quickly she's picking all of this up (or really how quickly time is zooming by).
I did always imagine that she'd have a cute and cuddly lovey, something pretty and soft, maybe a lamb or her bunny. I'm beginning to wonder if Freddy is fast becoming her lovey. It's funny how that works, isn't it?

I took sweet baby L's once a month bunny photos today. At first Freddy was still in sight, so she was staring at him as if to tell me, uh...what's the bunny for, can I have Freddy back?

So I hid Freddy behind my back (thank goodness for that whole no object permanence thing), and I even got a smile, even though her mouth got covered.

and then... she was tired. I should tell you that she was exhausted but held on for another hour after this photo was taken. :0)
See you later this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment