I hope that this isn't too much like Memento. (of course, by that I just mean confusing because it's in reverse chronological order, not that this is going to be a psychological thriller) (and I love that movie, btw, if you haven't seen it you should!)
The week before Thanksgiving, L and I headed to my parent's house for a week of family time. The trip was interesting...
About a week before the trip, L and I were both sick. We had sore throat, runny nose, cough, fever... L got it first and then shared it with me (it is nice that she's sharing, right?). We spent nearly a week in the house, but that doesn't mean that we didn't get some good photos!
We got L some crayons and a giant coloring book a while ago. She thinks that they are better for chewing on than for actually using, but she did actually make a mark on the paper and was proud of herself. She then went back to eating the crayons, but hey... it's a start!


While we were stuck in the house L got a bit creative with toys. She found the "tupperware" drawer in the bottom of the buffet. Mawmaw and Pawpaw also have a drawer nearly exactly like this, so this continues to be one of our favorite activities.



I remember a time when sunglasses would stay on L's face. This time last year, we'd put her sunglasses on and there they would stay. She'd grin and look cute. Now, we're lucky if they don't come off as soon as they go on. So it surprised me when L kept bringing me these sunglasses that she'd found in her toybox. She clearly wanted me to put them on her, so I did, and then she'd take them off and then want them back on. Who knows what goes on in a toddler's mind?!

Back to our trip to Mawmaw and Pawpaw's house...
We left early Saturday morning to go to the airport. Brad dropped us off, sad to lose his ladies for a week, and L and I headed through security and onto the plane. I will say that it's so nice that as she ages she needs less and less. I will also say that she still needs a lot of stuff. I decided not to take the stroller (CRAZY) because I didn't want to have to haul it through security with the carseat and the bag and everything else. It was crazy. I was crazy. BUT... L had a really fantastic time. L loves airplanes and she had the best time watching them take off and land while we waited at the airport.

(signing airplane)

My parents, my sister Mary and cousin K picked us up from the airport. We stopped for a bite to eat and headed to my parents house. On the way K let me take photos of him making adorable faces.

We wanted to stop for a drink and Mary told K to "keep his eyes out" for the restaurant.

I don't remember what this face was exactly, except cute.

Whenever we travel, L has a terrible time sleeping and so we ended up sharing a bed for part of the time we were gone. It was very sweet and I was nervous that L would want to continue after we got home, but I guess it turns out that she loves her bed as much as I love mine.

The trip turned out to be interesting. Sunday I woke up and knew I had to go to the doctor. I had a sinus infection and started on my antibiotics. Wednesday L woke up with some suspect diapers. After many doctors calls visits and an extra visit to the ER, she ended up with a bad ear infection with a reaction to the antibiotic causing her to throw up. It was a rough end to the trip. L and I stayed one extra day and luckily, she did not throw up or have a poopy diaper during the entire trip home, which was worth changing the flight to the next day. My biggest worry was that she had basically gone an entire week without eating solids and several days without drinking much liquid. A couple of days after we got home, she resumed her normal eating habits and she's been eating tons of stuff since.
It was good that she had plenty of people to love on her.

We're glad to be home now and enjoying getting back into our routines. I'll update you on this week's happenings on Monday. See you then!
No comments:
Post a Comment