Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Weekly Update

Hello everyone!

It's been another week at our house that has passed us by way too quickly. L had a mild case of the stomach yuckies (it's been going around) on Sunday, but has made a full recovery. I have thought several times that I was going down with her, but I think that I have just been having some psychological stomach yuckies instead.

Some good friends gave us some toys this week. L loved the musical instruments. Brad put the drum on her so she could play and carry it around and she thought that was great.

DSC_0154

DSC_0156

There was also a bowling set, which she is enjoying, although the actual concept of bowling seems to be escaping her. She's got the part where you throw the ball, and the part where you knock the pins down, but hasn't seemed to make the connection between them quite yet.

DSC_0167

DSC_0169

DSC_0173

This is just a random photo of L sitting at the table, but I like it.

DSC_0203

Yesterday I had acupuncture (more about that later) and Brad took L to the air museum. L loves airplanes and so he thought it might be a great outing for them. As it turns out, she really like playing with the buckles in her stroller, but I think they had a good time.

DSC_0218

DSC_0220

Today we met Brad for lunch. He's got a little bit of a late day today, so we were happy to get out of the house and have some family time. On our way home I realized that I'd like to extend our morning and get her down for a late nap, so we went to the airplane park to play.

DSC_0262

I was actually shocked. We saw a friend there from playgroup and while she and I stood and talked L took off. She climbed the equipment and went down the slides by herself and just played. It was another one of those moments when I was just so surprised at how much she's grown. I'm almost teary just thinking about it now.

DSC_0286

An airplane flew overhead and L was apparently very proud of that airplane. She gave it a round of applause.

DSC_0296

DSC_0301

There are so many ways that L growing up and getting independent is so nice and helpful in my day to day life. It's just the way it is but it's so amazing to think how fast she's grown and a little bittersweet that with all this growing and changing she won't be that tiny baby anymore. (there are times that it's really nice though... like I got to have an adult conversation!)

...and now for a little announcement. Brad and I started thinking about expanding our family in November. There was never any question about whether or not we wanted L to have a little brother or sister, and in November we decided it was about time to start thinking about it.

We both felt that we were being led to give having a biological child another try.

DSC_0316

So here we are doing another cycle of IVF. I start my daily injections (three of them! ugh!) in another week. I'm having massages every couple of weeks and acupuncture weekly through the cycle to keep my stress down and hopefully to help find a more successful outcome this time. I should have my egg retrieval surgery at the very beginning of March.

I'm on completely different medications this time and doing things a little bit differently. I'm a little nervous about side effects, but with my acupuncture I think that I'll be able to keep anything under control.

This time around it's so much easier. I have to say that the pressure is sort of off. We're looking forward to having a biological child if that's what God wants to give us, but at the same time our adoption experience was so positive and we're happy to expand our family that way if our IVF cycle is not successful. We know that we'll be parents again. We'll just have to see how that happens.

All that being said, it's a very emotional process. The last time we went through all of this was a really hard time in our lives. The loss of control over our fertility was very hard to suffer. I do feel peace though. I feel like I know that everything is going to end well, whether I ever carry a child in my womb or not.

So... the next three weeks ought to be a very exciting time. We'll keep you posted.

See you next week!

No comments: