Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekly Update

It has not been an extremely eventful week.  We got back in the swing of things after both L and I had been sick (and we've both still got a cough, but we're definitely better).  We attended our regular playgroup and a class that we've been taking a gym for kids.  L and I both love our routine.  We don't have a schedule that blocks out every day, because we still like being able to do a few spontaneous things, but the dailiness of our routine is helpful to both of us.

When I last wrote, I had mentioned how well the big girl bed is going.  It's still going very well.  L is going down for naps and bedtime without fuss.  She plays in her room for a little while, sometimes around 30 minutes and then crawls up in her bed to go to sleep.  She's always quiet so it's hard to tell when the crawling into bed happens, but so far so good.  A couple of nights, however, we've gone up to check on L and found something funny.


DSC_0015

L had fallen asleep right behind the door in her bedroom.  Brad scooped her up and put her into bed and we left, but of course, not before getting one more photo.

DSC_0016

She was just so sweet sleeping behind the door.  We found her another night sleeping on top of all of her books that she'd pulled off her bookshelf.  It didn't seem comfy to me, but I guess it was perfect for her.

I also had to include these photos.  L knows how to work a camera, and these are photos of her saying "cheese."  What a sweet girl!

DSC_0021

DSC_0022

What an amazing smile!  (she's also sporting a new 'do courtesy of mama with the help of tightlycurly.com (now in the sidebar), it's too cute!)

This week we're looking forward to a visit from Grandma.  She's never been to our new house, and we're happy to show it off.  L will be happy for the extra playmate!

We'll see you then!

No comments: