This was a fun week. Before L I would cringe when well-meaning, loving friends would say, "Enjoy being just the two of you while it lasts! Pretty soon you won't have any time to yourselves!" I was well aware of all of the time I had for just Brad and me and that time seemed to just punctuate the emptiness of the house we desperately wanted to fill with children. Of course all those well meaning people were right! This time having been through newborn craziness before, we have an idea of what to expect when the new babies come and I am trying as hard as I can to enjoy the moments I have left of being a mommy to one. I know that from 25 weeks or so on until at least four months after the twins arrive poor sweet baby L is just simply not going to enjoy the level of attention she's getting now. For myself probably as much as for L, I just want to make an effort to do some special things so that I can look back on these things that we did when life was simpler as a family of three.
One of the things we did this week that was a bit special was fingerpainting. I bought the fingerpaints last February but she wasn't really interested in them. Recently I put some markers and crayons and coloring pages on her table and she's been going crazy playing with them, so I figured it was a good time for fingerpaints. Luckily I was right!!
It didn't take much convincing. I sat the paints down in front of her and she went for it. She did go for painting herself a couple of times, but seemed to do well when she was told not to do that. :o)
After she filled one page, we got another one out.




We were meeting a friend for lunch and when I realized we had an hour to go I tried to wipe her down. I soon realized that was ridiculous and I carried her out front to play in the sprinkler. She alternated between the sprinkler and the bubble mower and eventually the paint washed away.




It was such a fun morning and I'm just trying so hard to live in the moment and enjoy this time. What an exciting time for our family!!
Who even knows what we'll do this week?!
I'm ten weeks along now and that twin bump is starting to make it's appearance. I'm going to try to put a monthly photo up of the belly. Here's the first one! It also features my new mom haircut. :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment