It's been a busy few weeks (as you can imagine) around this house. I have had lots of doctor's appointments since the fertility clinic we used to help us get pregnant with the boys allows former patients to come for early OB care when this happens. It was nice to see everyone there again and lovely to get those early sonograms.
I've also been having higher than normal blood sugar. My endocrinologist had me start keeping track after I found out I was pregnant since I had gestational diabetes last time and I've had a blood test that put me in the prediabetes range. My fasting blood sugar is higher than normal almost everyday and we're working on that. I'm having to watch what I eat and take insulin. All of this is very disappointing to me. My weight doesn't put me in a high risk category and I don't have much of a family history, except having had gestational diabetes. I just hate having to monitor my carbohydrate intake, but it is important for my longterm health and the health of new baby, so I'm going to do what I have to! Besides my fasting blood sugar, everything is fine and I'm hoping hoping hoping that after this baby is born that my body returns to normal, though I think that this may just be something I have to deal with if not in the immediate future, then over time.
Other than that we've been just living.
We had a very small party with another family for mister W's birthday. It was a couple of weeks late, they got sick and then we got sick, but we finally pulled it off.






Both miss L and mister W got presents, which is just beyond thoughtful, and both enjoyed them.

Even little Ben got a gift. I can't think of a more perfect little guy with a perfect gold heart. Happy first birthday in Heaven little man.

We have had our typical hair doing days.

We've had our typical playing days too. I love how well they play together.

I love that stage when babies start showing themselves. Mister W is a boy who likes to put things in other things. He does it with anything he finds, including little people.

We were a little sick in there somewhere.

Miss L is going through a dress wearing ballerina phase. This is a photo of her dancing.
This is her bow.

Mister W did his first finger painting art project while miss L expertly painted with brushes.








We even had some nice weather for the year's first bike ride. Miss L still LOVES her tricycle.

...and mister W has inherited the car.

We got an easel and it has been a favorite toy ever since. I love seeing what miss L comes up with to draw.

We rearranged our living room and it's the best! Mister W helped his dad put together a new tv table.

We played even more! This was their "house." Miss L is usually the mom and mister W is the brother. :o)

Mister W got his first black eye though it doesn't show up well in this photograph. I do love the faces he makes. This "O" mouth face is one he does all the time. I love it!



He's also still making cute messes when he feeds himself.

Miss L is just cute.

My mom and dad came for a visit.
We visited an aquarium.



Miss L loved watching the guy throw grubs into the tank for the fish and turtles to eat.

We also went to visit some family in North Carolina while they were here. We always do fun stuff with them and this visit was no exception.
We saw horses training for a race.



We saw some very tall pine trees.

We watched my nephew run and miss L decided that when she gets big she wants to jump the "turtles."

We played with cousins.

Miss L even shot this photo of herself in a mirror.

...and that's about it! Mister W is taking steps, but not walking so let us hope he does that soon. I'll keep you posted!
See you soon!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment