Friday, April 29, 2011

Weekly Update

It's been a little while since I updated, but not too much has happened. We've been busy just living life and enjoying being outside for the first time in a while.

Earlier this month we attended a kite festival with some good friends. We rode the train, which was a huge treat and miss L loved sitting by the window and watching the world and the stations go by. I'm fairly certain that was her favorite part of the entire day!

Once we got there and situated I undid the buckles in the stroller and let mister W out. He promptly crawled right back into his stroller and sat down, and then crawled to the other side to sit, and then crawled back again.

DSC_5366

DSC_5367

The weather was not ideal, it was cool and damp, and this made for a perfect sized crowd. The downside I suppose was that without much wind flying a kite became difficult! Brad did manage to get the kite up a couple of times.

DSC_5381

Miss L enjoyed helping him fly it.

DSC_5387

DSC_5396

We managed to get a photo of the kids together.

DSC_5421

We also managed to pass by some of the displays set up.

DSC_5432

All in all a very fun day!

DSC_5439

DSC_5450

DSC_5464

Since then we've had quite a bit of rain. I mean to say that we have had a LOT of rain. The rivers and streams are swollen and we've had to do some playing inside. We decided to break out the water table for some fun.

Mister W was soaked almost as soon as it came out.

DSC_5465

It's funny to see how miss L's method of play has changed over time. She used to love splashing and dumping water with mister W, but now she's much more serious and deliberate about her play.

DSC_5469

DSC_5474

Mister W loves for her to fill up this part of the table where air forces the water back out and it splashes. She loves the water spray as much as she loves making him laugh so although I try to discourage it this is always a central part of playing on the water table.

First you have to fill it up (while mister W drinks the water, of course).

DSC_5484

Then you press the button and out the water comes!

DSC_5485

Then you do it all again!

DSC_5487

At some point mister W's clothes were just too soaked.

DSC_5504

It was definitely a good bit of rainy day fun.

DSC_5506

We got some new furniture and while we were moving between dressers the kids had a blast playing in the old drawers pretending that they were driving a car.

DSC_5517

Mister W has a bad habit. He seems to only do this to miss L and only when she's in his space or has taken something away from him, but the boy has a temper and he sometimes will bite her. Luckily she's getting better at telling him no and since he doesn't bite very hard she is a good sport about it. It's funny that a boy that is such a happy little man most of the time has such a fiery temper! (I'll let you guess who he gets that from ;o)

DSC_5528



Last weekend we decided it was finally time to cut mister W's hair. It had gotten really long and curly and though I was a little surprised at how sad it was to see that first cut (miss L has never had her hair cut, so this was my first experience!) it looks nice. We went to a chain at the mall to get his cut and the hairdresser handed him a sucker. I was just about to protest when I realized that he was sitting so still because of it.

Here are a couple of before photos:







Brad got the honor of suiting up to hold him. We weren't quite sure how he'd react.



Miss L played a favorite game "hungry" birds (angry birds) on Daddy's phone while mister W got his haircut.



AND here is the part where I choked up a little. Miss L has never had her hair cut. We'll get it trimmed at some point, but it just hasn't happened yet so I haven't yet gone through the part where my baby lost his baby hair. That's the hair he was born with. That's the hair he had when he arrived in this world with his brother. It surprised me because I didn't think I'd have that reaction but for a moment I just had to breathe!











Finally, he was all done! What a big boy!








By now, of course, I'm sort of used to it. It's amazing how losing those curls can make a boy look so big.

SO... I have a confession to make. I started this post nearly two weeks ago. Sometimes it takes me so long to formulate these that I get a little behind. I think I'm going to start doing my posts a little differently (don't worry, I'm just talking about where my photos are coming from so you won't notice a thing!) to help me go faster. When this new baby comes it's going to be even harder and I really do want to get into a habit of posting more often. Not only does it keep me closer to you, my family and friends, but it's largely where my scrapbooking comes from! Alright! I have a few photos from Easter, etc. so I'll be posting those soon enough.

See you soon!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: