Friday, March 15, 2013

From Baby to Little Man

December 24, 2012

So... we started to get lots of comments about our little girl. Sure, sweet little man's hair was long but it was a little silly that people thought he was a GIRL. I mean, there's nothing wrong with being a girl. I'm a girl. I like it, actually. Plus, boys have long hair all the time. Look at my other kid. Nobody ever thinks he's a girl, but he usually has a big ole mop of red mess on top of his head. Anyhow, we started to think that it *might* be time for a haircut. I have to say, I'm so slow with this guy. It was one thing to rush through stuff with mister W even if I felt like he might be the last kid in this family, but this little guy feels so much more like the last baby this family might have. I know now how fast babyhood turns into childhood and I want so badly to SAVOR it. Basically, I'm not rushing into things like first haircuts this time around. It did start to seem like it was really time though.

Christmas Eve we were all home and getting ready to go to church in the evening and it was snowing and seemed like as good a time as any to cut this baby's hair. Daddy got all his hair cutting stuff ready and went for it.

Sweet little man was unsure what it was all about but he sat still enough.


Mommy got a little sad as the first curls started falling.

...but as Daddy kept going I felt better.

Especially since this little boy is so cute!


No comments: