Monday, January 14, 2008

Weekly Update

Hello! I'm trying something new this week by uploading the photos through picasa, instead of going through flickr. I'm going to see how it works out to decide how I'd like to do this in the future, but thought I'd warn you just in case things look different. :o)

Our sleeping has been so much better this week. We're still not on a schedule, really, but she does seem to be taking one nap sometime during the morning, one nap sometime during the afternoon and then going to bed a bit earlier than she used to. It definitely helps to have some sort of routine, and when mama gets more sleep, the world just seems better.




At sweet baby L's four month well visit the doctor told us that the back of her head was a bit flat. Nothing to worry about, but just something to watch and to work on by keeping up with lots of tummy time. Sweet baby L hates tummy time. She actually likes it for a couple of minutes, when she's interested in Freddy, but she gets tired of it pretty fast.

Her new thing this week is scooting. She's not really scooting as much as stretching and wiggling and those two things happen to scoot her across the floor a couple of inches. I've been laying her toys out in front of her just a bit, so that she has to "scoot" to get them. She likes this for the few minutes she'll tolerate, and it's funny to watch. She's starting to really want to get her knees under her during tummy time. She'll basically face plant into the floor, and then pull those legs up and dig in to the floor with her feet. This doesn't actually get her very far, mostly her knees just slip out from underneath her, but it is really amazing to watch her try to figure this out. Amazing, and adorable!



While she's pulling those knees up, she wiggles out of her clothes. My finger is the bottom of her actual foot in her pajamas.



Sweet baby L loves tv. I'm not really sure that I should admit this, but she'll stay on her tummy a long time if she just gets the chance to watch a little tv (so I'm already bribing her with tv at four months? ugh!). We're trying to limit the amount the tv is on while she's awake, because she really will just watch it. Brad's excited because she seems to just love football.



She can be distracted by mama having her tummy time with the camera.




She can even be convinced to smile when she's on her back! My goodness she's growing so fast!

This week is going to be exciting for us. Last week I started feeling like we never leave the house, but this week we have something everyday, including MOPS and a group for babies just L's age. We'll let you know how it goes. This week will also be sweet baby L's baptism. We'll have lots of photos from that.

The other big news in our life came as a bit of a shock. Our landlord emailed this week to inform us that he's selling our house. We're not sure what we'll be doing to handle that situation, but I think it will end up being very good for us. We'll keep you in the loop.

See you soon!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

LisaCase said...

Happy Baptism! We love you all and are so sorry we aren't there. Can't wait to see pics. <3 L&K