Thursday, February 7, 2008

Guaca-baby!

Sweet baby L is loving solid foods! I'm exploring making my own baby food and before you say that it sounds like a lot of work it really really isn't! I can make lots of it in just a couple of minutes and freeze several servings at a time so I don't even have to make it everyday.

Sweet baby L's current favorite food is avocadoes. Yum!

All you need to make great pureed avocadoes is a blender, ice cube trays and avocadoes.

P2070017

I try to buy organic produce because I worry about things like that, but of course any old avocado will do.

First, you cut them in half.

P2070020

P2070021

Then, you puree them in the blender.

P2070024

P2070025

P2070029

This is exactly how I feed it to sweet baby L, but before she gets food I store the rest of it in ice cube trays.

P2070031

This is the perfect single serving size. I allow them to freeze and then pop them out into a freezer bag and thaw them for 30 seconds in the microwave as she eats them. It makes for one happy baby! Can you tell avocadoes are her favorite?

P2070042

No comments: