Sweet baby L celebrated her very first Valentine's Day with presents from Mawmaw and Pawpaw, Aunt Lisa and Uncle Kyle and something special from Daddy too! We set her up in the family room with her presents around her and I was so surprised at her reaction.

I hate that I couldn't get a good photo of this. She reached out for the bag nearest to her and with her mouth wide open just went after it. She knew what a gift bag was for, EATING! It was really cute.


I think sweet baby L was happy for all the love going around. She had a great time just opening things. I think that for every other holiday everyone can just wrap empty boxes because the wrappings/cards were her favorite parts!



We also made red velvet cupcakes (shaped like hearts of course!). Poor sweet baby L didn't get any! If Pawpaw were here he'd have fixed that.

Sweet baby L is learning something new everyday. She's been rolling back to front for awhile now. It has been that she would roll over in bed and then cry for someone to come and bail her out. On Saturday night we snuck in to watch her sleep and she was on her belly with her little bottom sticking in the air. We keep putting her in on her back and then we'll come in to find her on her belly, which is fine with me, really, but it's awfully cute.
Then Sunday morning we woke up. Well, Sweet baby L woke up at 10:30. 10.30. Yes, for real. It's crazy right? She's growing again, eating all the time and then sleeping a lot. She's back to eating in the middle of the night, but I'm telling myself that it's because she's growing right now. We'll see what happens with that.
So.... anyway, Sunday morning I bring her downstairs and set her on the family room floor and she rolls straight to her belly. Then she looks at us and rolls right on over to her back, then again and again. She'd rolled from her belly to her back a couple of times before, but never that quickly and never in succession. Life is never going to be the same. Everytime she's on the floor now, she's rolling around from one place to another. I'm not sure that she's figured out how to really "steer" herself yet, but she's really enjoying moving for now. We're going to have to install all of those baby gates. I left her alone in the playroom this morning for maybe two minutes and came back to her on the other side of the room. It's a whole new frontier in motherhood. I have to admit that I thought it would take longer for us to get here.
I didn't get any good photos of the succession, but this was right in the middle.

She's happy to be moving around! See you next week!
2 comments:
Our card did have a recipe on the back, so maybe that made it extra tasty!! Looks like a great Valentine's day, and we're so excited about the rolling! Can't wait for her to roll my way!
Rolling already?!?! Wow! It is a whole new world once they start moving around. I am still not ready for it. :)
Love the card pictures! She is too cute!
Post a Comment