We are so very late this week. Sorry! Last weekend Brad and I painted sweet baby L's bedroom, and I kept waiting for it to get in order enough to take photos and post them, but... it still hasn't happened. Maybe next week!
Our week was very good. Sweet baby L continues to master walking. She's doing really well. In just one week's time she's really improved a lot and is now mainly walking. Just yesterday she started standing on her own (instead of pulling up on something) so she's really going! She's getting too big too fast!
In related news (of growing up)... she's also officially down to one nap a day, I'm afraid. At risk of bragging a little, she's been a perfect sleeper! She was always a night waker, and held onto that until after 10 months (and actually still eats around 11, but that's before I go to sleep so it seems like it counts as not waking up) so we've had our sleep issues, but all things considered, she's a GREAT sleeper. She goes down on her own, she doesn't wake up until 8:30. I know I'm counting my blessings! With all that good sleeping, I thought for sure we'd keep that second nap until 18 months. No such luck. It's alright though, we can actually get out of the house and go places and get some errands done before sweet baby L has some lunch and goes down for the new and improved afternoon nap. She's also going to bed really really early, so I guess that's part of it. She's just growing up!
I have been thinking more about what sweet baby L is eating lately. It's not that she's not eating, it's that we're in that tricky place where we ought to be cutting back on the baby food and eating more grown up fare. We spent a day at the park with some buddies last week, and I learn so much by watching my friends feed their kids. For example, a friend brought ritz crackers! L had one and just loved it and I never would have thought of giving one to her. The same friend brought a cold spinach pancake (man, we love those dr. praeger's spinach pancakes). I never thought of letting sweet baby L eat them cold (so I cooked the entire package and now I'm just pulling them out of the fridge for her, it works really well).
Today sweet baby L had a "banana sandwich" for breakfast. It's just a banana, sliced in half, with sunflower butter spread between. I cut it up (and cut it again, and again avoiding coin shapes!) and set it out and she loved it. It was a mess, but we've got a great new breakfast item on our menu!


YUM! (and that is one precious sunbutter face if I do say so myself)
Sweet baby L had her second visit to the community swimming pool. It's nice that there is a perfect little ledge for her to cruise around on, but she is just not always sure she's enjoying herself until she's been in awhile.

Our camera batteries ran out right after that photo, but it was an awfully cute day at the pool.
Here's a little more randomness from our week:
Sweet baby L walking around with a post from some shelves that belong in the basement.

Here she is kicking back after a good meal.

AND... we had our trip to the park. Sweet baby L had so much fun with her friends!



See you next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment