But first... how about a little peek-a-boo.
Where's L?

Here she is!

Okay... now that we have that out of the way I can tell you what we've been up to! My parents have been in town for a visit and we have been all over the place! We started out the week with a trip to a local pumpkin patch/farm/fun place.
The first thing we encountered was a turkey. L was pretty interested...

...until that turkey gobbled at her and then she did this:

She eventually did forgive that crazy turkey, though.

She had a great time. She enjoyed sliding on several different slides, seeing the animals (there were one day old piglets!) and wandering around all the wood cut outs.






At the exit of the farm you get to pick out a pumpkin. Sweet baby L (are we ever going to call her sweet toddler L? I'm not sure) had a great time picking out a hundred pumpkins.





We also headed into the city a couple of days to do a little touristing. L had a fantastic time!




We actually took one of those crazy tour buses that take you around town. It was one of the best things we did. I always learn something new about the city and it sort of relaxing after doing a lot of walking.


Sweet baby L was so tuckered out from having her Mawmaw and Pawpaw in town that she did something that she hasn't done for six months. She fell asleep in my arms! I hardly wanted to move her, but when we got off the bus, I had to, but she stayed asleep! She was really tired!

Later in the week we went to the aquarium. It was so awesome! I didn't get a lot of great photos, because the light was really low, but it was really really neat. I'm guessing we'll be going back many times!





The next day we all headed back into the city for more touristing. We headed to a museum that ended up to be more quiet and a bit longer than we'd intended, so sweet baby L and I headed across the street to a portrait gallery with a huge courtyard so L could run around. She had a GREAT time!
(making a face at some running kids)



And... finally... yesterday was their last day here. We spent that final day in the city learning about the architecture and formation of the city. It was really fun.

(that's sweet baby L and me at the base of that huge column)

It was a really great visit. Brad and I got to see a bunch of places we'd never seen before and I think that everyone enjoyed themselves. We'll be back next week for our regular update. Enjoy your week!
3 comments:
Wow! You guys have been busy!! Thanks for the update. We have been wondering about you! It looks like Lily had a great time with her grandparents, and I am sure that it was hard to see them go.
I absolutely love the picture of her crawling through the tunnel. And I am so impressed by your travels:) Can I ask about the backpack you use to carry her? We're looking for one for Lily so we can transport her easier without the stroller. Do you know what the weight limits are on yours and do you like it?
It was actually one that they let you borrow for free at the aquarium. They don't allow strollers so they provide backpacks, but it was great. L is 22 pounds and it wasn't too heavy for Brad. Sadly... I don't remember the brand, but I am certainly thinking about getting one.
Post a Comment