Between the trash, recycling and yard waste pickup days, we have the big red trash truck coming around most weekdays. L usually just has time to eat some breakfast and get dressed when they come around. She doesn't like to miss it!
She'll stand at the glass door and watch them go all the way around our cul-de-sac.





After the truck has moved on to pick up other people's trash, L goes back about her day. I love it when she sits like this:

That afternoon (Tuesday) we played with L's friend E. I can't believe I didn't get any photos of the two of them! L and E play together at least once a week and have such a great time. Don't worry I'll get some photos soon!
Wednesday we had our regular playgroup and then L and I went to L's friend T's house. T is 3 months younger than L and is the closest in age (I think) to L in our church group. It's been fun to watch them grow together and see how they interact differently as they grow. It doesn't hurt that T's mama Brooke has to be the nicest person to visit too. Her house is completely L-proof. :o)
Brooke and L drawing:

T had an awesome mini-atv that was a big hit.

T also had a super cool cardboard house that was also a really big hit.


T even has a pet horse that's fun to ride.

I thought for sure that L would be EXHAUSTED from a double playdate morning, but she was the opposite. She took a tiny catnap in the car and by the time we got home she decided it was time to be up. I think we all went to bed early.
Thursday we mostly took it easy. L actually ended up with two naps (which she hasn't done in MONTHS) that day, but between them I decided to try something new and fun. I dumped out a big can of oatmeal on a cookie sheet and put some measuring scoops, etc out and let L just go for it. She had a blast.

She really seemed to enjoy playing in it.

She also enjoyed throwing it out of the cookie sheet onto the floor.

Every once in a while she'd taste some.

... and realize why we don't really eat raw oats. :o)

She enjoyed scooping and spreading them and just having fun.


... and then taste some more...



The oats weren't too messy, except for the dust. L had a runny nose that day and it's funny how the dust was all sticking to her face.


Eventually she branched out to play with the container, too. (notice the oats ALL over the floor)


and then she had to make sure that she still didn't like the way it tasted...


She briefly toyed with the idea of dumping the oats out.

but it was too heavy, and then she found the baby in the oven.

It was very cute. She had a great time running up to her reflection and then running away and back and forth.
I asked her if she was all done with her oats and it turns out she wasn't.

We tried to take a photo of ourselves.

Then it was time to pick up. It was too much fun!! I'm sure this will become a regular activity around our house.

While I picked up L played in the living room with her ball popper.
Everyday L does something new and amazing to me. I can't believe how sometimes you can just SEE her figure something out.

She started out by playing with her ball popper just the way it's meant to be played with. She'd push the buttons, the balls would fly out, she'd chase them. Then the little magnet (on the floor in the above photo) caught her eye and before I could say anything down the hole it went.

Fortunately it came right back out with the balls. L sat for a moment and then quickly got up and ran to the kitchen.

She then came back in with a magnet in each hand from the fridge.

Down they went.

I was just so surprised that she decided to put more magnets in the thing and then went and got them and did it. She's growing up!

I have even more photos, if you can believe it!
These are from breakfast on Sunday morning. L's been working on that spoon, and almost demands one whenever she's eating anything. Yogurt is particularly good for her to eat with the spoon because it's thick enough to stay on.



This one is random. We were at our very most favoritest grocery store in the whole world and found these cookies. We had to get one so we could show it to aunt Lisa who has a soft spot for photos of baked goods. ;o)

It looked better before it was smashed in the bag with the other groceries, but you get the idea. I can't wait until L is older and we can make a big deal about things like presidential inaugurations and every holiday. It's sort of lost on her now, but like I said... she's growing so fast!
... and finally...
Today we went back to T's house because we had so much fun last week. As expected, everyone had a wonderful time and T and L had a particularly good time with this wagon.



Even after T was done, L sat in the wagon like a little queen waiting on someone to come and push her around. It was pretty cute!

What is it about big ole baby eyes that just melt your heart?

I hope everyone has a great week and we'll see you soon!
2 comments:
Oh my gosh, I LOVE to pics of L eating the oats. Especially the final tasting...priceless!
Great update! Love all of the pictures. I can't believe how brave you were to bring out the oatmeal and let her just go at it. Looks like she had a blast!
Post a Comment