Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Weekly Update

Oh goodness!

I can't believe this week. L had a run of the mill annoying childhood illness last week that was no big deal, but still lasted the whole week and we were inside. Despite this setback, L seems to have learned a lot of things this week. You'll have to excuse that lots of our photos are pajamas.

The first thing she figured out was how to climb into her high chair. I was basically just cooking and she was running around the kitchen when I turned around and saw her sitting on the high chair. She then got down and got right back up. She's been sort of obsessed with buckles lately, and she'll sit in that chair for 20 minutes at a time working on that buckle. I'm not complaining!

DSC_0133

DSC_0135

It's too cute!

She's also learned to reply correctly when you ask her, "What does a cow say?" and "What does a Lion say?" and this week she added "What does a kitty cat say?" We noticed that she was following our cat james around and saying "ow" to him over and over and we figured out that she's saying, "meow!" It's so adorable.

She learned something else this week with the cats too. It started over the weekend with Brad. She was having a particularly naughty day pulling his glasses off. Each time he'd look her in the eyes and do the sign for "no" and say, "no." Then she started taking his glasses off and looking at him with her most serious face and saying, "doh" and doing the sign for no. It's cute in that exasperating sort of way. SO... back to the cats. She now follows either cat around the house and does the sign for no while telling them, "doh, doh, doh." I guess I spend too much time telling the cats no!

She also learned the sign for music this week and asks for it in her room before bed. She also learned the sign for fish. We've done this sign on and off for her (we don't see that many fish) and last week she saw one and just did it. It's very scary to think how much of all that we're doing she's remembering! Yikes!

I know I will have to take some video of this stuff. It's hard to remember to do, but I know it's going to pass by too fast not to!

We took a couple of random photos this week. I made macaroni and cheese with cauliflower for dinner one night and it was too oniony for L. So after we'd stripped her down, she only ended up eating a bagel.

DSC_0141

What a happy girl!

DSC_0143

It's pretty amazing to watch how independent she's becoming. L wanted to put her own coat on this week. We weren't leaving the house but she was just very much wanting to put her coat on.

DSC_0155

DSC_0156

DSC_0157

DSC_0158

DSC_0159

DSC_0175

(lets just pretend that my house is clean, okay?)

DSC_0176

Finally after the entire season of wishing it would happen... we got some real snow! Brad even had to shovel the walk. L was not really sure that she liked snow, but she tolerated it well enough to snap a few photos. She most definitely did not want to venture off of the sidewalk into the real snow.

DSC_0180

DSC_0183

Daddy showed L how to make a snowball for a mini-snowman.

DSC_0202

and L showed him what she does with stacks of anything...

DSC_0205

She knocks them over!

As for this photo, cold ears? I'm not sure.

DSC_0213

We'll see you next week!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I've been reading your blog since I found out you had one...and I can't even begin to tell you how much joy it brings me to hear of your story. You and Brad are perfect parents for L and she's soooo blessed to have you. What an amazing gift...and for it to all work out for you. I love reading your stories, and it brings tears of happiness to my eyes! Much love,

Emily

Karyn said...

I can't get enough of this girl...she is TOO CUTE! I love the "doh" and "ow" I can't wait until Charlotte starts talking like that. I like imagining how her little voice is going to sound!