Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Egg Retrieval

Hello everyone!

Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers. Yesterday started very early. Brad and I headed to the surgery center and I got changed into my very fashionable peach gown and hair net and waited for things to get started. I was most nervous about the IV (have you SEEN those needles? I've been a human pincushion for a couple of weeks but that thing is HUGE.) and they got that started early and started some fluids. After that it was mostly waiting until it was time to go back to the operating room. I remember sitting on the table, putting my knees where they belonged and then... lights out.

When I woke up I was back on the stretcher I'd started on and Brad was sitting beside me. We had to wait for brain to recover a bit before we could go. The nurse gave us the good news. We got 16 eggs! The most we've ever gotten before is 7, so maybe something in the new protocol worked! We'll see. They can't tell us anything about quality or maturity before we go, they just have to get everything together and let the magic happen.

so... today we're waiting. We should know sometime today, probably around noon or so, how many of the eggs successfully fertilized and how many embryos we have. We won't know until later the quality of those embryos.

We'll keep you posted!

No comments: