It's been too long! It's been a crazy couple of weeks for us and so we had a little bit of an absent week last week, but we're back!
L has had a great couple of weeks. She seems like she's talking all the time and we can even understand some of it. The two words I can think of that she's learned recently are "cheese" which sounds more like "teese" and "thank you" which sounds more than "tan do." It's really cute that I get the camera out and L grins and says, "teese!"
She's very into mimicking anything (oh. my. goodness.) and loves to clean up. She'll get any rag or napkin she finds and wipe down the table or the floor and even found the broom this week and decided to do a little sweeping. It's not exactly helpful, yet, but I'm hopeful!


Today we woke up to a wonderful coating of snow! Brad wasn't off of work, but decided to do a little from home this morning. We were glad to have him around and eventually he couldn't resist taking L out in the snow.


We got L bundled up with probably way too many clothes, but we couldn't find her mittens! She didn't seem to be too concerned.
Last time it snowed, L was not interested at all. She would sort of look at the snow, but didn't want to touch it or walk in it. I thought that was going to happen this time.


Going down the stairs in the snow, she was looking at her feet like "what in the world?"

...but she seemed to warm up pretty quickly after Brad got the shovel out. I think that she decided that it was a lot like sweeping.

Brad tried to get L interested in snowballs.

I don't know that she was too interested, but her daddy demonstrated what you do with them.

Luckily, I was inside taking photos through the glass door. Brad always said that zoom lens would come in handy!

She did eventually touch the snow.

In true L style... she had to taste some!

She apparently didn't mind though, because she was happy to keep on playing in it.

Daddy was worried that her hands were too cold, so he put his gloves on L. She knew just what to do!


It was a great morning of fun in the cold.

After they were both cold and covered in snow, Brad brought L in the house.


L clothes were wet, so she hung out in her long johns while she watched her daddy shovel the walk. He's not quite as cute (maybe he should get one of those hats with the tassels on each side) but he does shovel quite a bit faster. ;o)

As for my IVF cycle it's going really well. (Many of our friends and family know our story and it can be found here if you don't.) Because we're doing a completely different medication protocol with a completely different doctor, I have no idea what to expect.
My cycle has gone really well. My estrogen levels rose way too fast at first (a good sign since the first two times they could hardly get them to go up at all) but the doctors quickly got them under control. I have several good looking follicles and I'm going for my egg retrieval tomorrow morning. Then Wednesday they'll call us with the number of eggs that were fertilized and then either Friday or Sunday we'll go back for embryo transfer. Up to this point there has been plenty to do. There were injections to take and acupuncture to go to, and things to keep my mind busy (not that an 18 month old doesn't keep your mind busy). Now we just pray and wait. We'll keep you posted.
See you next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment