Monday, December 7, 2009

Weekly Update

I'm on time! I just wanted to point that out as it might not happen again!

I remember noticing how suddenly time sped up as soon as L was here. The sudden routine in our days made time fly. It's funny that now on certain days I feel like time has stopped completely, but every Sunday (when my "week" changes in my pregnancy) it occurs to me how fast the clock is really going. My mom, Brad and L are all indulging me by keeping up the routines that I want, and it is truly helping the days fly by. I'm wondering when they are going to stop allowing me to micromanage everything from my spot here on the couch, but so far they are letting me go. I'm appreciating it. I've had some good lessons in letting go of what control I've thought that I had over things, but I still have a long way to go in some areas. I'm just glad that everyone still wants to live with me.

So the weeks are flying by and somehow we are managing to still do some things. L's love of play-doh has blossomed. The mere mention of the stuff sends her running to the kitchen table. She is also really into pretending. It's a shock to me to see how big she is. One new game she likes to play is to stand in front of her little froggy potty, pull down her pants (but NOT her diaper, she'd never sit on the potty naked!) and sit on the potty. She then will stand up, look inside and pull her pants up. Then she will repeat. and repeat. and repeat. I would be excited about all this potty play if she were willing to do it without a diaper, but the girl just does not think that people ought to go around without their clothes on. :o)

L is talking up a STORM. I'm not sure what happened, but it seems like the last month has her saying words correctly more often ("daddy" instead of "da-da") and coming up with all kinds of crazy sentences. I have GOT to start writing those gems down, because every once in a while she'll say something absolutely hilarious and when I come to write it down, I've forgotten. You'll just have to trust me. She's so cute.

We had a big doctor's week last week. You guys already know about the pediatric cardiologist on Wednesday. Then on Thursday I went to a lab for my glucose tolerance test. This is a test where they ask you to drink a small bottle of some very sweet orange flavored liquid, very close to flat orange soda, in under five minutes. After an hour they draw your blood and check your levels to see whether or not you need more testing for gestational diabetes. My test was fine. I've heard horror stories about it, but luckily I was blessed to have about five minutes where I thought I was going to vomit, then didn't, and then I was fine. I'm just hoping my test results come back negative. We haven't gotten them yet!

Friday we went to our biweekly doctor's visit at the perinatologist's office. The doctor told me that I looked, "perfect, perfect, perfect!" and went on and on about how good he felt that things were going. He informed us that he wanted to perform the c-section birth at 38 weeks and so we scheduled February 8th as the twins' birthday. We are beside ourselves with excitement. It's so wonderful to have a goal date in mind. It's also really great to be able to count down. For those who haven't done the math... it's 63 days away! We're also beside ourselves because we were not only able to see our favorite doctor in the practice, but he will also be able to perform our c-section. Thank goodness! I think that the more comfortable we are with little pieces of this puzzle, the easier the entire process will be on us. WOOHOO!!

After our appointment on Friday we needed to head to the office (from the hospital) for our doctor so that I could get my rhogam shot. We walked to the car and there was a puddle of antifreeze below the passenger side. We'd taken Brad's car to the appointment which is a bit older and we always knew that this would happen eventually. The car made it the mile to the office but it was smoking the whole way so we knew we'd never make it home. Luckily, my mom was able to save us!

Saturday we knew we'd need to do something about the car, but we had an extremely early snowstorm blow in and so we stayed home and celebrated the day instead. It made for a perfect day to decorate the tree. I was actually surprised that L wanted much of anything to do with it, but she really enjoyed putting the ornaments on the tree. We only had two broken ornaments the entire day (and now the super yard is up more to protect the gifts than the ornaments, but it helps...) which I thought was a success!

DSC_0088

DSC_0103

DSC_0132

They even allowed me to put an ornament on the tree even though it's against the rules.

DSC_0143

Don't worry I went right back to my couch!

It was just a PERFECT day for trimming the tree, with big fat snowflakes all around outside and Christmas music playing. It was so fun!

After nap, and after Brad made a quick trip to try and find some boots for L, Brad and L headed out back to play. I sat in the window upstairs and snapped some photos (thank goodness for the zoom lens!). This was also technically against the rules, but I was not going to miss it!

The photos are a bit dark since it was getting late in the day, but they are cute anyhow.

This one is L trying to make funny faces with her gloves on.

DSC_0163

The snow was actually perfect for snowman building because it was so wet and easy to pack, so they decided to build a snowman, though L mostly watched and wondered what in the WORLD daddy was doing.

DSC_0183

DSC_0185

DSC_0202

DSC_0234

They found things in the garden to use to decorate the snowman's face. He turned out great!

DSC_0258

By this time, L was clearly shivering and cold despite the fact that she'd been dressed in lots and lots of layers. Brad kept asking her if she wanted to go inside, "no inside!" is what she'd say. So they decided to make some snow angels.

DSC_0324

I think L doesn't get the hype. She thought it was great when Daddy made snow angels, but she was definitely not crazy about laying in the snow no matter how great the shape was when you got up.

Then the pair of them came back in, changed clothes and cuddled under a blanket. They had some hot chocolate (though here too, L was sort of thinking that he was crazy for drinking something hot) and it was just an all around great day.

Today the snow is gone and we're back in our routine (hooray!). Have a wonderful week. No doctor's appointments are planned for this week, so we're just going to have a "normal" one this week. We'll see you next week!

1 comment:

Sherrie Fennell said...

Sarah you are pregnant!!! wooohoo you look great...and the tree looks great and L is the cutest...ok I am going back to work now...