Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Weekly Update

What a fast week! It's amazing how a holiday can really speed things up! I know that from now until Christmas all I'll have to do is blink and it'll be gone.

I was thinking today about all our blessings. Clearly little miss L is such a blessing in our lives. I can't count the number of times a day that I just look at that child and smile because she's just such a wonderful little person. I'm still in awe that of all people more qualified, we were chosen to be her parents. She's made us better people. It isn't her job by a longshot, in fact, we're the people in this equation that have a job to do, but by virtue of being here, of being in our lives, she's changed us into better people. What an amazing journey God has taken us on being parents. I'm so blessed to be her mommy, and Brad her daddy. I just can't wait to see what's next.

Clearly, another blessing are these twins on the way. I know it goes without saying that this pregnancy is a miracle. We prayed and tried and worked for so long trying to become pregnant. I think we'd given up thinking that it was a real possibility. I know that I am so blessed in this too. I know that there are so many out there doing their injections, taking their temperatures, getting daily blood draws, praying for their turn. I don't know why in the world this has happened to us. We certainly are no more deserving than anyone else, but just know that we don't take it lightly. We are in awe that this is occurring and pinching ourselves daily.

We just might be the most blessed people in the world.

So here I am, 7 months pregnant! It's hard to believe that I'm in my THIRD trimester. The original doctor told me that I'd be "full term" size (for a singleton) by 30 weeks. Well... at 28 weeks, I have to tell you I feel as big as a house and I feel like I'm there. You can be the judge.

The photo is dark, but after we took the first one the camera died so this is what there is! Don't worry, there will be more soon!

DSC_0080

As for the twins, they are moving around like champs. It's funny to feel each of them move individually and even more funny to feel when they both get going. They are facing each other so I can only imagine what they are already getting into. I can already hear, "mom! he kicked me!" I just wish the one kicking my bladder would give it a rest. :o) hee hee!

It's been a big week!

One of the downsides of bedrest, is that I'm nesting a bit, but instead of using all that energy to get things done around the house... all that energy seems to get thrown at Brad in a series of lists and requests. Last week, it was installing new 2-inch blinds on the main floor of the house replacing the broken cheap plastic blinds. Like any good husband of a giant pregnant woman, he strapped on his tool belt and did what he was told!

DSC_0044

L really can't let her daddy do anything that she's not a part of, so fresh up from her nap she helped him out.

DSC_0048

DSC_0051

I love my new blinds!! It's a little thing, but I really like them.

Thursday we were happy to see my brother's family for Thanksgiving. My mom was also here, of course, as she has been for the past five weeks helping with miss L. She's been such a blessing to us. We had dinner catered by a local grocery store and it was good! It was a lovely holiday.

Somehow we missed taking many photos though. In fact, this is one of three that we got and they are all about the same. I think Brad found it funny that my entire family seems to have the same hobby...

DSC_0057

Don't worry... we didn't do that ALL day!

Sunday after Thanksgiving was a gorgeous day and Brad took the opportunity to take a break from my lists to work on one of his own and rake the leaves that had fallen. Sadly, though our neighbors' trees look to be about done... ours is still full of leaves so this may not be the last of the raking to be done. The good news is that Brad has a great helper.

L thinks that it would go faster to just break the leaves up with the mower.

DSC_0064

What a smile on that girl!

DSC_0070

She's a hard working girl!

DSC_0072

DSC_0078

We'll see you next week!

No comments: