Monday, August 6, 2007

It's the little things...

Yesterday we went to Buy Buy Baby. There aren't any around our immediate area, but there are some not too far away. It's basically a Babies R Us, but for reasons I can't really explain, I find it to be way better. They also have the carseat that I wanted. We went to look at it.

Okay, before I go on (I'm getting really terrible about telling my stories the super long way, sorry.) I should tell you there has been a shift in our family. You know B. He's the practical, look-everything-up type. I've always been the more fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants type. Well, apparently he's rubbed off on me, because I've been looking everything up for our baby. I found this carseat that was top rated for safety, but isn't at our Babies R Us.

B is still the practical guy around here. He's still pretty tight in the pockets, but he's super excited about becoming a father, so he's torn when we visit the baby store. We looked at the car seat and discussed how it's really the thing we need the most. We can borrow all kinds of other things to get us through if we had to suddenly go pick up our baby, but that's something we just have to have. We tried it out on all of the universal strollers (the ones that you just click the infant car seat on) and it didn't fit. It was good to know. The travel system for that seat was just expensive. The seat itself was expensive, I didn't feel like I could go for the super expensive stroller too. They just happened to have the stroller for half off. It was in a color that was discontinued, and not my first choice, but it was half off. We bought it. We didn't buy the seat because they didn't have the matching color. We did order it when we got home though.

It's just really exciting. We bought a stroller and a car seat. I just kept the stroller in the box (the car seat haven't arrived yet). It's sitting in the living room. The stroller that will carry my baby is sitting there. I'm just thrilled.

No comments: