
Oh my goodness, I just love those beautiful eyes. I am so amazed at how expressive her little eyes can be. Sweet baby L is now 16 weeks old. She's so big! She's already doubled her birthweight (I'm really looking forward to our well baby appointment just after the first of the year to see just how much over that milestone she is). She's smiling all the time, and laughing at us. I think my favorite thing about this age is that she's really interactive. When we sing to her, she "sings" back. When we tickle her or "get" her belly, she laughs hysterically. When we talk to her, she "talks" back just like we can all understand her. I've loved her to pieces since the day we met her, but I think every age just gets better (Mary might disagree just at this stage right now). She's certainly at a wonderful age.

The first thing that everyone asks me about sweet baby L is: "How is she sleeping?" The good news is that she really is sleeping, but she's not making it through the night quite yet. I'm happy to say that she is sleeping around 4 hours at a time, which is a VAST improvement from the 2 hour blocks we had for so long. I feel like this is definitely something I can live with. Something that I find interesting is that all of our friends with tiny babies report that their kids sleep through the night while all of our friends with toddlers report that their children did not start sleeping through the night until they were eight or nine months. I've somehow tricked myself into believing that she's going to start sleeping longer when she's 15 pounds. I'm not sure why I decided that, but I did and it's fast approaching!

She had her first round in the exersaucer this week. She loves it. She's just tall enough that her feet touch the ground. Standing is one of her most favorite things and she can do it until her poor little knees just give out in this awesome little piano themed (cute, I know!) toy.
Off to convince Brad to wrap the presents to send by (YIKES) Wednesday!
1 comment:
Love it! She is soooo adorable! I can't believe she is 16 weeks aleady though! Time sure does fly!! We hope that you keep it up, since we likely won't get to meet Lily until she is walking!! :) HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! Adam and Katie
Post a Comment