It's late on Christmas Eve. We've watched The Polar Express and are currently watching A Christmas Story in its 24 hour loop on TBS. Brad is loading the dishwasher for maybe the 800th time, I'm waiting for Black Bottom Cupcakes to come out of the oven, and Grandma and sweet baby L went to bed. I've got to rebake some bread in the morning because my freezing and thawing was sort of a flop (it was actually the second loaf I threw out today, bummer, right?), but other than that, things are really great.
We went to church this evening. I threw the organist for a loop by coming in about 10 measures too early, but it went well all in all. Afterwards we drove through a local light display and then came home and had a snacky supper. Santa brought one present for sweet baby L early, so she opened it.

Well...I opened it, but sweet baby L definitely watched. Inside the package were...

Christmas pajamas for sweet baby L, Mama and Daddy! We put on our pajamas, scooted sweet baby L off to bed and set to work on Christmas Eve sorts of tasks. I made dessert for tomorrow and Brad decided to put together the high chair from Uncle Kyle and Aunt Lisa. We decided it would be good practice for late Christmas Eves in the years ahead.
He was doing really well. He had the instructions out and everything.

He was a proud papa, putting in the final piece...

When the realization hit...
The high chair did end up together without much redoing. It was very first Christmas Eve-ish (and I mean, really, every Christmas Eve-ish for those with kids).
I hope that everyone is having a wonderful holiday whether or not assembly is required. I plan to post plenty of pictures tomorrow too, so I'll see you then!
1 comment:
Oh my gosh!! Too awesome. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment