Monday, March 3, 2008

Weekly Update



It's been a good week! I'm not sure how time got away from me, but this is the only photo I have! We were very happy to have had our weekend with Mawmaw and Pawpaw and then we had a fairly quiet week.

Sweet baby L is finally sitting up! I think she would have been doing it a long time ago, but she just prefers to stand. When she sits, she arches her back straight, as if she wants to stand up. (For a long time we've been holding her up so she can stand) It's been fantastic going to restaurants and putting her in the wooden high chairs. She loves it. She can see everyone and be a part of the experience. It's great! I haven't tried it in the cart at the grocery store yet, but we will soon.

We did a bit of sleep training this week. We had a big weekend and by Tuesday night sweet baby L was crying everytime we set her down and SCREAMING as soon as we left the room. We'd come back and comfort her and she would giggle and smile (sweet but UGH, right?). So, Friday we decided to go back and do what we'd originally done several months ago, which is just basically to go through a routine (baby massage, book, song) everytime we set her down, and then to comfort her only when she cries hard. It always works well, she goes to sleep on her own after crying a bit, and we're still not going all the way to cry it out (which is fine for those who it works for, I just can't do it all the way). By Saturday night things were going much better, although she did wake up at 2:3o last night. She is at least going down now without the crazy screaming that we were having before. That makes me feel better.

I don't think we've tried anything new foodwise this week, besides green beans. Her favorite meal by far is now mangoes with or without yogurt. She leans as far forward as she can to get the stuff in her mouth. She's crazy about mangoes! Today at the doctor's office I was listing the foods that she eats, cereal, plain yogurt, bananas, avocadoes, sweet potatoes and mangoes. She (the doctor) said, those are all really great sweet things, have you thought of adding some vegetables? So on our way home we went to the store picked up some frozen green beans, carrots and peas, and cooked and pureed them (one veggie at a time) in the blender. Sweet baby L went after her green beans, so apparently she likes them! My new plan is to feed her one meal with yogurt and a fruit, and then another meal with cereal and a veggie.

Sweet baby L weighs 16lbs 8 oz. and is 26.5 inches long. Just in case you are wondering, that is 75th percentile in weight and between the 50th and 75th percentiles in height. I was worried because she hadn't grown much, she was 16 lbs at four months, but the doctor said she's fine. The good news (as my friend Sherrie pointed out) is that it means she'll be in those 6-9 month clothes for a while (THANK GOODNESS!).

I need to get her bunny photos up, I just can't believe it's time again! Look for those sometime soon.

See you next week!

1 comment:

katd said...

That is a beautiful photo!! That's a framer, if you ask me:)