It's been a couple of weeks so you know that means I have a ton of photos to share. Miss L and sweet baby W have been keeping us veeeerrrryyyyy busy.
We started our two week stretch out with a visit to an apple farm (or as L tells it, an apple tree farm). We've been apple picking once before, but this was a different farm and was FANTASTIC. We met our good friends there to pick together and play together. There were tons of trees, lots of apples to pick, a playground and (maybe most importantly) apple cider donuts.


It was a bit farther away from the house than other farms we've visited this year, and miss L was very happy to be out of the car!


I think that part of why miss L loves these farm outings so very much is because that child is truly in her element outside. She is able to use her body and run and all that extra energy is a good thing! I just love watching her play outside and it makes me wonder what things she'll be into as she grows. I can't wait to see!
We started our day in the playground.
Brad and I both remembered these from McDonalds way back when. Do you?


Sweet baby W loved watching the big kids (as usual).


There was even a giant pumpkin.

Then we got down to the business of picking apples.











...and then it's back for more playing!



Miss L LOVED the see-saw. I'm not sure she's ever seen one before.

The faster and higher, the better. She even caught some air.


Miss C enjoyed it too.

Lately we've been seeing this more and more. I sort of thought he was too old to pick up a habit like this, but honestly I don't mind. It's really cute!



Miss L LOVED these wooden signs that you put your head through. I remember going to a local pumpkin patch last year and trying to get her to put her head through and she wouldn't! This year she was very into it running from one to another.



After a visit to the farm store (and more apple cider donuts and some kettle corn) we stopped for some photos with our friends.



In the end we ended up with 61 apples (besides what we ate) consisting of red staymans, nittanies and a few granny smiths. We made apple butter and a pie and still have plenty for another pie and some applesauce. We've been eating them too. YUM!


Miss L already had 3 apples by the time we took this photo. You can see me telling her no more.

Sunday marked our first Halloween party and since it was going to be a very spooky week, we decided it was probably time to carve our pumpkin.

This year we had a sort of complication. Sweet baby W couldn't crawl to the pumpkin, but that doesn't mean the boy can't get around especially when he is motivated. That pumpkin kept calling his name!


Daddy got to use the sharp knife, but miss L reeeaaalllyyy wanted to help, so she got a butter knife and "helped."



We decided to get sweet baby W a bucket of cars. This boy LOVES those cars. I'm not sure what it is exactly about them, but he loves to turn them upside down and play with the wheels. It was the perfect thing to keep him busy and miss L knows that it's the perfect trade when he has something she wants!



Daddy and miss L finally got the lid off that pumpkin and miss L discovered what lives inside pumpkins. :o)




You can tell she didn't like that on her hands.

After that we had a party to attend and I needed to finish making sweet baby W's costume. Miss L decided way back in August or early September that she was going to be a ladybug for Halloween. We borrowed her costume from our friend miss C, but I decided sweet baby W's would be easy enough to make. It turned out great, except the only socks I could find were big and tall sized. I think if I had it to do again I'd definitely get smaller socks.
Here's miss L modeling sweet baby W's costume.

I was a bit concerned about her costume. Since I'd brought it home she wasn't much interested in trying it on. In fact, she really did not want to wear it. I was surprised when she was excited that Sunday evening to put it on and then (of course) she did not want to take it off.


He's got a pretty good spider face, right? :o)

We tried to get some photos on the front porch, but sweet baby W really wanted to come off the front step. It seems we're entering this time of not being able to take our eyes of him for a second. I guess we all knew it was coming!



I think this was probably the best shot.

Since we were all dressed up we headed to a Halloween party!



There was even live music and a rousing rendition of the itsy bitsy spider.

On Thursday, miss L had her party at school. I was all set to take some GREAT photos AND... my camera died. It was very sad. Let me just say that she was very cute as were her school friends!
Thursday afternoon miss L completed a chart that we have for her and her prize was going to the disney store and getting an Ariel doll. I had a dentist appointment to have my invisalign (braces) installed and after that we headed to the mall. After shopping we decided to eat at the conveyor belt sushi restaurant in the middle of the mall. It was really fun!

Sweet baby W and miss L shared a bento box. She had the peanut butter and jelly roll with strawberries and he had the rice, carrots and cucumbers.


It was a great mid-week outing and too much fun.
Starting Friday morning each time someone would ask miss L what she was going to be for Halloween she would tell them, "A monster. OR a robot." She continued this all the way until Saturday morning when she announced that she did not want to be a ladybug, but she wanted to be a monster or a robot. When further prodded she decided that she wanted to be a red robot and she wanted sweet baby W to be the same thing. Brad and I figured that was an easy enough costume change so we set about making robot costumes.
Sweet baby W seemed to prefer being a spider.







(she loved wearing that box on her head and if this photo had audio you would hear me behind the camera saying, stop moving, stop moving, you're going to run into something! btw - she never did run into anything. ;o)




In this photo, he's trying to eat the box.

After fitting the boxes it was time to decorate. I painted the boxes and Brad dug through his old electronics stuff to find some robot looking things. Miss L was just so excited to dress up that she decided to get another costume to wear while hers was being fashioned.




Sunday morning the new costumes were all ready to be tried on.








Sweet baby W looks skeptical of that costume and miss L was too. We were sort of nervous after we put her costume on and only a few moments later she wanted it off.

Of course, not too skeptical to get a sweet photo.

That evening we took a few photos before our friends came over to go trick or treating. Miss L had been practicing trick or treating all afternoon and any misgivings about wearing a giant box had been forgotten.




Sunday night our friends arrived around 5:30 for pizza before heading out.

Sweet baby W and his buddy sweet baby Z were born only a few weeks apart. I can't believe how big they are!



After lots of asking, "Is it dark yet?" it finally got dark and it was time to get our costumes on and go trick or treating.





Miss L had a BLAST! Last year she and her buddy E (pictured as the black cat this year) went trick or treating to just a few houses. This year was full out trick or treats and though she had a little trouble turning around (hee hee) and fell once and couldn't get up (awww) she had a really really wonderful time. We let her eat whatever candy she wanted on Sunday night and then Monday it magically disappeared. Woohoo!


Stay tuned for next week. Sweet baby W is nine months and he'll have some elephant photos to see!
No comments:
Post a Comment