Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Basement

From June 29, 2012.

Some time ago we moved all of the toys in our house to the basement. It's really worked out well. I don't have to trip over toys in the living room and the kids enjoy their playroom. 

Sweet little man loves it down there. He loves hanging out with his siblings and laughing at them and he loves all the toys. Since two year olds (and four year olds, really) aren't very good at keeping the small pieces of things off the floor, sweet little man can't really go down there alone. In the end this is a good thing. I've been sort of forced to go down there instead of working on the kitchen or whatever other thing might seem important and I spend a lot more time playing with the kids.

On this particular day we'd been to the doctor. Mister W had pinkeye the week before but it was back that morning. It turned out he had a sinus infection that was giving him pinkeye and so this definitely influenced our morning in the basement.

Mister W started by playing with whatever sweet little man was playing with. :o) I thought it was really cute that he really wanted to play with the shape sorter and to really sort the shapes!


Then it was doctor kit time. Miss L and mister W took turns taking sweet little man and me to the doctor. One of them was always the parent and the other the doctor. It was so funny. Whenever mister W was our dad, miss L would ask, "What seems to be wrong today?" He would answer, "He fighting with he brother." I just thought it was hilarious. For the record, I have never reported to the pediatrician that my kids were fighting. If I knew that it would help, I might! Doctor L would give sweet little man and me a thorough examination and proclaim, "They have pinkeye. They need shots." She would administer four or five shots and then dole out the plastic band aid cuff. There was only one and she told me, "He's littler than you so he's going to get it this time." I wonder where she's heard that before?

Here's sweet little man's band aid over his shot.


Mister W had a different method. Miss L is better at listing symptoms, of course. She would tell Doctor W that we had all kinds of things from goopy eyes to a "feber." Doctor W would also give a thorough examination and then say, "He 'llergic." I would say, "Allergic to what?" He would think for a moment and say, "Um, food." Our mom, miss L, was going to have a hard time feeding us after that I think! 

The whole thing was really cute. It was cute how miss L would make up different scenarios (being four) and how mister W would repeat the same thing over and over (being two). Sweet little man just loved being in the center of activity.


Then there is always dress up time. This is miss L's "getting married" dress. Mister W was enjoying his "firefighter" costume (you can't convince him otherwise :o). Note that nobody can just look at the camera and say cheese. :o) We love our basement!



No comments: