Friday, July 6, 2012

Happy Fourth of July

We waffled so much about the fourth of july this year. The past couple of years we've gone to a local fireworks show, but this year it was so hot and thunderstorms were in the forecast and we didn't envision any of that going very well. We considered going to another, closer local fireworks show. Then we got the idea to set up the slip n' slide, cook some burgers and set off some fireworks in the ditch behind our house.

It was a plan!

I set the slip n' slide up and miss L was ready to try it out.





I can't believe she's big enough to really do that this year!

Everyone had fun. Mister W enjoyed it before I could even get his swimming suit on. I guess that's what's nice about playing in your own yard!

I brought out a bucket to fill up with water so sweet little man could splash a little bit. I sat him down and he was thrilled. Even with water hitting him on top of the head he was just laughing!



Mister W didn't really want to slide on the slip n' slide. He'd run across it and end up slipping and landing on his rear end. Apparently, that's good enough for him! :o)


With the army crawling, we call sweet little man, "the caterpillar." Here he is caterpillaring across the slip n' slide. He went back and forth a few times. What a funny guy!



He's trying to get to his bucket and his big brother.


...and trying to get to his Daddy.


We had so much fun. Eventually mister W lost his clothes because they got so heavy. We just had so much fun!


The very best part about living in our townhouse is that we have the best neighbors. There are kids on either side of us born within months of mister W, and one set of neighbors has a baby just one month older than sweet little man. It makes for lots of fun! The little boys on one side got a car as a gift from their grandparents. Miss L and mister W got to take a turn on the 4th. They loved it! I think they are dying to have one of their own, though I think it's like a boat or a swimming pool. So much better when you have a lovely next door neighbor who owns one.

After that we went inside, dried off and watched Ratatouille (I know, very fourth of july, right?). When it got dark enough we headed down to the ditch to set of the five or six fountains that Brad had purchased at the Fireworks stand. Mister W hid his head the entire time, but miss L and sweet little man loved it. Then we headed in to watch the fireworks on tv and our neighbors had a pretty impressive display out miss L and mister W's window. Mister W fell asleep during the fireworks on tv. It was very sweet. I hope everyone had a safe and happy fourth!

No comments: