Thursday, July 5, 2012

Cherries!

From June 26th, 2012.

So before this year we enjoyed cherries. We'd get them from the grocery store once or whatever and eat some. They were good. We enjoyed them. Whatever.

This year we've discovered farmer's market cherries. I'm sure they've had them every year. Maybe we weren't regular attendees so early in the season? Maybe we just didn't think we loved cherries? I'm not sure what happened to us before but this year we bought a tiny little pint of cherries at the end of May. Now we go through a quart in the first couple of days after we get them home. The kids LOVE them. We LOVE them. They are so sweet! I can't get them pitted fast enough to get in the bowl for the little hands in my house to devour them. I love that they have something so good for them that they think is such a treat! My biggest problem is keeping their HANDS off of everything until they wash them. We've got a bit of a cherry juice problem. (and you should know that the first post-cherry diaper I changed of mister W's brought on quite a fright. Cherry juice can look a lot like blood. Sorry for the TMI...)

Here's our cherry setup. I love that cherry pitter. It was an impulse buy when it came home with us, but we've used it A LOT.


So maybe I'm the only person with this problem. Whenever I try to take photos of my children it is nearly impossible to get them to both smile at me without making goofy faces or being funny. I can't believe that at the young age of two, mister W has already caught on.









My favorite... I'm trying to take a photo of the cherries and they are photo bombing me.



No comments: