Thursday, July 4, 2013

Easter

March 31, 2013

We love spending Easter at my parents' house. They've got a huge backyard (complete with a "park") and I think they enjoy watching the kids wake up and enjoy finding baskets and doing their egg hunt. The kids woke up and enjoyed their baskets while I hid eggs in the backyard.
Then it was off to the races. We didn't dye eggs this year and instead miss L and I got some eggs to fill up. There were bunny fruit snacks (which they still think are candy, thank goodness!!), some chocolates and then lots of little figurines (the kids LOVE those "toobs" of figures). I was really worried that one of them would find all of the treats and the other all of the figures but they really ended up really finding the same stuff so I didn't have to intervene or even say anything. Miss L naturally found the harder to find eggs and mister W gravitated toward the easier ones. They got pretty much the same number of eggs even. I know it won't always be so easy but this year it really was. Yay!



Sweet little man was just sort of having fun with the whole thing. He wasn't that into finding the eggs and I was helping him a bit. He'd pick one up and want to hold it. When I'd put them in his basket he would then empty it out. :o)






After breakfast and egg hunting we waited for the cousins to be finished with church and come on over. I do have to say that's the one thing I really missed by being at my parents' house. Brad was able to attend Easter services at our church but we were unable. We certainly could have attended services at my childhood church, but it isn't quite the same as OUR church. You know? Anyhow, it was still an amazing day.

The cousins arrived. These two are just two peas in a pod. Miss L is pretty lucky that she has a cousin who is just 6 months older than she is. When we start talking about visiting, miss L starts talking about seeing miss H and they have so. much. fun. together!

 There was plenty to eat and lots of playing to do. We even had another egg hunt. Happy Easter!



No comments: