Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Two Weekly Update!

We're back in town!



It's been a big two weeks. We spent some time in Orlando, Savannah, and Charleston and had a wonderful time! It was a great time to relax and unwind. Sweet baby L had a rough time sleeping just because we were keeping her out late or being out over her naps. She's just to the age where she is no longer interested in napping in her stroller. She wants to see everything!



She had quite a few things too look at too. L had her first experience with a swimming pool, her first trip to the beach, her first family vacation, her first carriage ride, her first time on a boat, and I'm sure that there are tons more!



It does seem like a lot has changed in the last couple of weeks. Sweet baby L is really growing! She's getting very "grabby" trying to get whatever she sees that she wants. She's also started creeping a little bit. She'll see something she wants and when her outstretched arms and reaching won't get it for her, she'll get up on her forearms and toes (lifting her entire body off of the ground) and push off causing her body to scoot forward. She can't get anywhere very fast, but she can get there eventually.



Sweet baby L has also FINALLY cut a tooth. I swear that we've been teething for something like three months!! You can't really see the tooth but when you feel her gums, you can feel that sharp little sucker in there. I can't imagine how that cute little grin is going to change over the next few weeks. I can't wait to see that adorable little two tooth grin.



Sorry for the short post. We're having a crazy day around here. Poor L has had some, uh, digestive issues today. As in, up her entire back to the tag of her onesie digestive issues. I gave her a different brand of yogurt than her normal brand this morning and it had a few different cultures. I think one of them must have completely run right through her. I'm hoping that she's doing better now. It was one of those down and dirty mom days with laundry and an emergency bath. Brad nearly threw up when he smelled it after she had another round when he got home. For some reason that made me feel like a super mom. I can take care of the poo, clean it up and still have time for cuddles! Woohoo!

Here are some photos from our vacation. Enjoy!

Leaving town...

Mama's new haircut!

Checking out the new window shade

Looking out the window at her new shade. After an hour or so of driving in the sun we had to stop and get a shade for her poor face!

Happy Girl at Belford's

A happy girl in the first of many days in her stroller. By the end of our trip she was so tired of that stroller!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! This was actually the day before St. Patrick's, but in Savannah it's a big holiday. She didn't care much for wearing that hat, but it was sure cute!

It's bad, but so cute...

Table tasting in Orlando. It's so bad, but it's pretty adorable. I keep joking that sweet baby L is going to think that vacation is just visiting a string of restaurants.

mouse ears

A girl has to try on some Mickey ears in Orlando!

watching the carousel

She really enjoyed watching those spinning lights!

Self Portrait

A family self portrait.

people watching

People watching at a restaurant. She was very drawn in by our waiter.

P3200004

Sweet baby L had her first swim at the hotel in Orlando. I love a baby in a swimsuit.

P3200021

Out of the pool after we got cold.

P3210025

Friday morning at the beach. A sweet baby L and mama self portrait.

P3210027

More L at the beach.

P3210034

Okay, I'm just proud of that shot.

P3210041

Kennedy Space Center

P3220097

P3220098

Waiting for lunch in Charleston.

P3220118

P3220121

Waiting for our turn on the carriage.

P3220213

Enjoying her boat ride.

It's hard to believe that she'll be 7 months old tomorrow! You know what that means... BUNNY PHOTO TIME! See you next week!

2 comments:

Muskie Mom said...

I discovered your blog today while surfing adoption blogs. We, too, are a transracial, adoptive family. I've enjoyed reading your story, Your daughter is adorable! Treasure every moment with her.

katd said...

I love these pictures! Thanks so much for sharing; my favorite has to be the family self-portrait. You guys are too cute:)