This was one of those weeks where it feels like our lives just stood still. Not too much happened, but it felt like there was plenty of work to be done around here. Brad got some kind of nasty stomach bug and stayed home on Thursday. He then passed it on to me, but I have so far just had a lot of feeling bad, no actual... you know... stomach bugging yet. Sweet baby L had the trouble with the yogurt I told you about last week, and I'm starting to wonder if that is what she had. I don't know if I want to try it again, though.
The biggest change I'm noticing in sweet baby L are those sweet little opinions. This week, she wouldn't take any vegetables. Things that I've given her with great success in the past, she has rejected this week. She will no longer eat carrots, peas or green beans. The surprising part for me was that instead of swallowing some and spitting out just a little, she amazingly would spit out all of the food I gave her. She wouldn't swallow any! I'm starting to worry that she'll never like vegetables, but I just keep on giving them to her. I'm going to try and have some faith in that "you have to let them try it 15 times before they like it" thing. We also tried cottage cheese this week, but she just spit that out too.
As of right now, here are the foods that L likes:
- Bananas
- Mangoes
- Avocadoes
- Applesauce
- Sweet Potatoes
- Yogurt mixed with fruit
- Baby Oatmeal
- Teething Biscuits (and oh, BOY does she!)
- Carrots
- Green Beans
- Peas
- Yogurt alone (I think the sort I buy is too tart)
- Cottage Cheese
- Tofu
- Egg Yolk (no white until one year)
- Asparagus
- Summer squash
- White potatoes
- Peaches (raw, pureed, she's only had cooked ones before and didn't care much for those)
Sweet baby L is turning into quite a busy girl. I told you last week that she was creeping. Last night she started getting up on all fours, rocking back and forth. She was doing the same thing this morning when I went to her room to get her out of bed. These days she's playing all the time on her tummy, and mostly wanting to play with whatever toy is just out of reach. It's really fun to watch her play. I love this age.
We took our bunny photos this week! I can't believe that she's already 7 months old!
AND... now the photos... Nothing too exciting this week, just some random playing photos and the bunny!


L's sitting usually ends up like this first, being all folded up, right before she rolls over to the side on her stomach.

Happy girl playing on her belly and slapping the floor. It's funny, I'm not sure why she does it, but she gets excited and those arms start going!



Bunny photos are getting harder to take these days with a wiggly girl. We'll see how next month's photos turn out!
See you next week!
2 comments:
What a beautiful little girl!
Oh yes, they sure do develop those opinions quickly, don't they? :) Great pics this week!
Post a Comment