Monday, October 8, 2012

The microphone

Before I even start, I just want to ask that you don't judge me by the cleanliness of my desk. Thanks.

Miss L loves her computer time. I'm half impressed and half terrified by everything that she can get that machine to do. I just know that sooner or later she's going to be able to make it clean the house or sneak candy for her AND it's another reminder that very very soon, I'm going to be the old lady who needs her six year old to program the VCR. Wait, no VCR?! WHAT?!

Anyways... miss L loves starfall, nick jr and pbs kids websites. She is able to find all kinds of games on there and one continual favorite is curious george on pbskids.org. A couple of the games use a webcam (because you act out the motions needed to work the game - GREAT for a kid with SPD) and a few use vocal cues through a microphone. Miss L loves the games that need a microphone because (as she declared one morning when she discovered the game), "WE HAVE ONE OF THOSE!" She keeps the microphone by the computer now and speaks into it for the game. I think it's beyond adorable. She worked her problem solving skills and even though it clearly isn't necessary (since the microphone is built into the computer) it is so cute to watch her play this game.

I wish I could bottle her up. I love this stage.


No comments: