Tuesday, December 4, 2012

How fast a year goes by!

(October 11, 2012) A little less than six years ago a doctor told me that I'd never get pregnant with my own eggs. That statement of seemingly bad news led us on the most wonderful journey into parenthood that anyone can imagine. We adopted a beautiful baby girl who has blessed us in so many ways. Then, of course, feeling the call of trying IVF one more time gave us twin boys. I sort of thought that was it. I never imagined that less than a year after the birth of those beautiful boys that there would be a miracle inside of me. A little less than six years ago, I didn't know how God was going to give us the family that we so wanted and though the situation looked bleak at times, I did feel that we would be parents someday. I had no idea how fast and furious it would be!

Sweet little man popped into our lives a year ago. The first thing I heard was, "Look at that hair!" and then, "Look at those cheeks!" I wondered who he would be and who he would be like. The answer, of course, is that he's just like him! He's got a stubborn streak, but he's so very sweet. He has started talking and can call for his mama, dada and cat. He can tell us he wants milk and when he wants to eat. He is pulling up to standing. He's still nursing all night. I can tell you that looking back now (December) on these October pictures that I thought he'd never sleep through the night and now he's been doing it several weeks. Funny how parenting is like that sometimes.

For sweet little man's birthday we went to Red Robin for dinner. The kids and I made a cake for him and I did the number one and the kids did the rest of the decorating. We all enjoyed the cake!

It's an amazing thing to have children. We are so very blessed. I'm so thankful for the plan set out for me and that sweet little man was in it. (and how is he already one?!)







No comments: