What a couple of months it has been! I can hardly remember everything we've done. Little by little I'm going to get this thing up to date starting with where I left off. Enjoy!
After I left you in April things got a little bit tough. Poor Miss L had her tonsils out on April 11th and then recovery was a bear. I was told that it was rough, but always easier on the little ones. It was awful! Miss L woke up at night several times in incredible pain. It just broke our hearts. When I called her school to let them know (before the surgery) I told them I thought it would be a week at the most and we'd be back. It ended up being iffy after two weeks. I just could not believe how long it took the poor girl to recover. She's always been pretty tough and though it was no open heart surgery it was ROUGH!
Miss L spent a lot of time down and out during those two weeks. She slept on the couch. We watched hours of nick junior and disney junior. We got caught up on our movies. She was allowed to have all of the popsicles and ice cream she wanted though she didn't want either one and chocolate goat's milk was about all we could get her to consume.
We also spent our days in the house. There's nothing wrong with that, of course, and in fact it got us into a bit of a routine. With so many activities and things to do, things around the house get pushed aside. It's fine, of course. We'd rather spend our time doing than cleaning, but it was a nice chance to get the house back in order.
It was also a wonderful couple of weeks for the boys to be at home, eat their lunch and take their naps. Well... and play dress up too.
Poor miss L. Luckily... the strep throat disappeared immediately and hasn't been back. AND... we know they can't take them again! :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment