Sunday, June 24, 2012

VACATION! Tuesday

Tuesday it was back to the Magic Kingdom. The day was sort of dreary and rainy, just as Monday had been, but that kept the crowds away a bit and so we were happy with that. We walked straight into the Tomorrowland.

The trouble with being two (or seven months for that matter) is that you just aren't tall enough for every ride. This leads to a bit of time to sit around and enjoy yourself or crawl on a building or two. Here's mister W waiting for his sister and his cousin who were riding Stitch's Great Escape (a ride I'd been warned not to ride and the kids didn't like it much!). 


Sweet little man got to spend a lot of his time waiting, but he didn't seem to mind much either.



Normally Brad is ride guy. He loves roller coasters (no seriously, he really really loves them) and even though our kids don't really ride the same rides that Brad might if he were alone, they still mostly ride things with him. BUT... Tuesday I got to ride a few things (mostly with mister W). It was fun! He really really loved driving this car. The steering wheel hardly did anything and I got to push the pedal but he felt so. big.





That evening, while waiting for the parade and fireworks we spent some time in fantasyland. We rode the tea cups and Dumbo. The whole area is being refurbished and restyled to look like a circus. The carousel was closed as was the Peter Pan ride and It's a small world. We'll have to catch those next time!



Last time we went, miss L was too short to ride the Barnstormer (a small roller coaster). This time mister W could even ride and Pawpaw, Brad, miss L and mister W went for it. Mister W had been a little nervous about riding some of the bigger rides. Brad said that he was tense and looked nervous until the end when he said, "woohoo!" It looks like Brad is going to have a couple of roller coaster riders to keep him company. After that Brad and miss L headed to ride Space Mountain (which was the scariest roller coaster miss L had ever been on and I think she liked it) while we headed towards the parade route.

I stopped to snap this picture (using a hand rail for stability). I know it's silly but that castle just makes me excited when I see it. I'm a victim of marketing, what can I say?


The parade was awesome. Mister W and sweet little man fell asleep and missed the whole thing. Miss L sat on her daddy's shoulders and her mouth just dropped open. She'd never seen a parade at night and definitely not one that was full of lights. There were characters she knew (Tinkerbell) and some she didn't (Pete from Pete's Dragon), but it was really neat. The fireworks were not amazing as fireworks go, but considering where we were and the awesome day we'd had, they were pretty amazing.

What a day! We went home on the ferry, exhausted and happy.

No comments: